Monday, November 28, 2005

It's coming right for us!

Once again I found ourselves taking a stroll at the Malmi cemetary just enjoying the warm and calm summer day and looking at the squirrels play. For some reason there have been a lot of squirrels at just about ever single cemetary I have visited. Maybe it is because there are lots of trees and bushes and few people at least here in Finland.

We stopped at some bech to relax for a while my wife and I and there were all these squirrels all around. I couldn't resist and just popped out my camera are walked a bit away from the bech to a quite large grass area and sat down. At first the squirrels were frightened of me but I just sat still and waited them to come out and play again.

It didn't take long for the squirrels to come down from the trees but it took a while for them to approach me. They ran and jumped all around me keeping their distance forcing me to switch to burst mode to have even slightest hope capturing them on "film". After a while one brave squirrel started approaching me and took everything out of my objectives limited zoom and shot away. At home I found this photo of the squirrel taking a little aerial bounce.

Yet again these squirrels have something to teach us. It is ok to take shelter from new and scary things but there is no point in awoiding the unknown for ever. Someday someone should and will have the courage to reach out and figure out the unknown. Not all unknowns are against us. Not even the majority by far I believe. Posted by Picasa

No comments: