Saturday, November 26, 2005

Small tortoiseshell

This is one of the best butterfly pictures I have taken. You can trust me when I say that taking a picture of butterfly isn't as easy as you might think. If you get too close the butterfly flies away and then you'll have to chase it who knows where! And when the butterfly lands it most likely shuts it wing to blend into the surrounding...

But patience is the key to victory. Sooner or later the butterfly will open its wings and then you must be ready. And as you can see the patience is revarded in the end.

Luckily for me this specific specimen was easier to shoot. It was just basking in the sun and didn't mind me in the least bit! I managed to take some decent shots of it and here is one of them. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tony said...

This is a charming, unpretentious and literate blog and I shall return to it from time to time when I need to relax a little. There aren't so many on the net like that.
I absolutely believe you that photographing butterflies is not easy.
Every good wish.