Monday, November 28, 2005

Cathedral, Senate Square, Helsinki

This is propably one of the most famous buildings in Helsinki and certainly seems to be one of the most photographed buildings here too. I have to admit that the church of Nikolai is very impressive building and clear blue sky gives very nice contrast to the white walls.

I am not a religious person myself and I have never been inside this cathedral but I hear it is as impressive inside as it is outside. And according to what I have heard it is pretty much booked up for weddings every summer. No wonder I must admit. I once happened to be around when a just married couple came out of the church and decended the long stairs to the senate square. It was a moment that made me consider to have a church wedding myself. Only if I wasn't married already. Posted by Picasa

No comments: