Saturday, August 12, 2006

And Then There Was Storm

Sometimes the Mother Nature gives you a real show and in sometimes a good shower right afterwards. I have many, many times seen a wall of rain but those walls have been somewhere far away. Far enough to see the area of the (rain) shower as a whole, I bet you know what I mean.

But never ever have I seen such a wall of rain coming straight towards myself. This time I did. Veni, vidi, lavi (hope I used the online dictionary correctly). The rain was quite heavy for over half an hour and then little by little faded away. But as you can see it began quite abruptly.

Sunsets come and go but occurrences like this… Oh so rare. Posted by Picasa

-----
Edit: Had to reupload the picture since the "small" setting in Picasa indeed did make the picture small. Both the thumbnail and the actual picture. I hope this manual upload works better. I'll leave the version Picasa did here:

No comments: