Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Just Want To Fly Away

Oh boy, it has been quite a while since I last time flew anywhere further. I did visit Denmark a couple of years ago but the flying time was rather short and the weather was very cloudy. As was the case during my first trip to Budapest too. Sure the clouds look different when seen from above but after looking at them for two hours straight it tends to get dull.

On my second trip the weather was way much better and on my flight back to Finland I at last got a seat where the wing wasn't blocking the view. And oh boy did I get a nasty cramp on my neck for peering throught the small window for the duration of the two and a half hour or so flight.

But it was worth it. The view from the high above the ground is just absolutely stunning. I had all but forgotten the way the land looks from above until I kind of stumbled upon an exhibition of Yann Arthus-Bertrand in the Helsinki City Center last summer. His photographs are simpy amazing, check them out!

And back to the topic. The feeling of flying is quite exciting. The feeling of takeoff in your stomach, the hevier feeling of ascending and the lighter feeling of descending... And the view, the view. To be able to fly is reason enough to fly. Not to mention that able to travel thousands of kilometers in only matter of hours is much more nicer than having to travel by car or train.

Luckily for me I'll be flying back to Budapest again in a little over week. Hope the weather favors my trip! Posted by Picasa

No comments: