Thursday, December 29, 2005

Latokartano Spirited Away

For several weeks now I have looked at this scenery from inside a bus and thought of how it reminds me of Hayao Miyazaki's movie Spirited Away. Or more precisely a certain scene of the movie, the one where Chihiro attempts to run back home and finds herself at the shoreline looking towards lights of a distant town.

Unfortunately for me though, despite using a tripod I still managed to get the picture shaken. Thanks due lowlight conditions the exposure time was long and only too late I realized I could have used the timer to get the picture. Actually it wasn't too late since I took the picture using timer too and tried to under expose it to get it more darker.

Well I got it darker and I got the picture sharp too but I think this picture is more worth posting for couple of reasons. First of all this reminds me the most of the movie. Second this reminds me to use timer when shooting with long exposure timing. And third this picture helps me to visualize the result in my mind better before shooting. I thought that underexposed photo would look better but to my sincire surprise it did not. It does have nice contrast and all but all together this picture has better atmosphere. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hei!

Laitatko näytille myös sen alivalottuneen valokuvan ihan vertailun vuoksi.

Vaadin: lisää valokuvia!